We measure the environmental footprint of our production facilities in order to monitor reductions in energy consumption and waste. We also set targets to improve their footprint and implemented environmental management systems in line with ISO 14001.
In 2019, 85% of our production facilities were certified according to ISO 14001. Furthermore, all major Schindler operating companies throughout Europe, the Americas, and Asia-Pacific are certified according to the ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards.
The following sites have received globally accepted or country specific sustainability certifications:
LEED Gold certification
- Elevator plant, Hanover, USA
- Schindler campus, Ebikon, Switzerland
- Schindler City campus, Jiading, Shanghai, China
LEED Silver certification
- Escalator and elevator plant, Jiading, Shanghai, China
BREEAM ‘excellent’ certification
- Elevator plant, Dunajská Streda, Slovakia
IGBC Gold award
- Elevator plant, Pune, India